When we bought our house, we knew we had a bunch of projects to keep us busy for a while.. I mean… a while! We are in the middle of some major construction around here but an easy update was this built-in bookshelf, I love a good DIY project so I took some of it on while our painters did the heavy lift stuff!
Although the cherry finish was beautiful, it really didn’t fit in with the rest of the house. I was worried it would be a huge pain to sand it down and then paint but we found a paint that was made just for these types of projects! All it took was a good soap and water wipe down and we began the paint process. It took about 3 coats of paint and a full weekend to dry. I also took all the pulls off and spray painted them, they turned out great! I have had a lot of luck recently with my spray paint projects… a coat of paint can really change the look of something! I also made this bowl from…can you believe it.. the Dollar Tree! I shared it on Instagram a couple months ago – I will do a post about that too, it looks a lot more expensive than the 3 dollars it cost to make!
Hopefully this can inspire you to tackle a project in your house you’ve wanted to try! READY… CHECK OUT THE BEFORE!!!! You can find the spray paint I used to paint the bowl, pulls and handles here.